By registering to attend a music centre with The Music Service you agree to the following terms and conditions.
For the purpose of this agreement a ‘term’ refers to a three term academic year: autumn, spring and summer.
- The Music Service provides a guaranteed number of music centre sessions over the three term academic year. Due to the uneven length of school terms the number of sessions offered in each term may vary
- All Music Service ensembles and groups rely on the commitment of all users and staff. There is therefore an expectation to attend all sessions and arrive on time each week
- Concert dates are issued as far in advance as possible. Students are required to attend all concerts as a condition of continued membership
Supervision and resources
- The Music Service only accepts responsibility for students during actual session time. At all other times responsibility for the student lies with parents/carers
- Parents/carers are expected to collect students promptly at the end of sessions. Late collections may be charged for, to compensate the teacher for additional hours of supervision
- Parents/carers agree to provide instruments, music and accessories as required
- Pupils may be able to take music home to practice. A charge may be made for the replacement of lost music
- Fees are reviewed annually. A summary of our fees is available from the Music Service website
- Membership fees are payable per term: autumn, spring and summer
- Invoices are payable within 14 days of receipt. Late payment may lead to the student being suspended from attending until fees are paid. Fees are payable for any sessions missed due to the non-payment of an invoice
- No charge will be made if families are in receipt of income-related Pupil Premium funding at their school. Evidence of eligibility will be required
- Children in care (Looked after children) may attend free of charge
- Students are expected to behave in a responsible and courteous manner at all times, to attend sessions every week and to practise between sessions
- Disruptive or anti-social behaviour by either the student or by the parent/carer may result in membership of the centre being withdrawn. No credits will be given in such circumstances
- Fees must be paid termly within 14 days of the invoice being received
- Invoices will be issued via email by the Council
- Additional charges may be incurred for extra activities throughout the year. Notice will be given of this and attendance will not be compulsory
- There will be no refunds for sessions stopped by inclement weather, like snow, or any other unforeseen circumstances such as Covid or self-isolation. Where possible, any missed dates will be made up prior to the end of the academic year
- Session dates will be advised at the start of each academic year
Cancelation of membership
- If you wish to end your membership, you must inform the Music Service office in writing (post or email) before the 1st session of each term. Notice received after this date will incur the full term’s membership fee.
- The Music Service does not accept liability for loss or damage to students’ instruments or personal possessions. Parents/carers should arrange appropriate insurance for these items.